- Locker assignment (period 1 only)
- Log in!
- Land Acknowledgement
- Tech permission form [GC]
- Bring your headphones to school! (you’ll need them to listen to tutorials) [GC]
- I’m not your teacher — I’m your facilitator and a co-learner… (discussion)
- Class Rules: Respect, respect, respect! (that’s it!)
- Log into Chrome | Sync Bookmarks & Extensions
- Multiple IDs (personal and DSBN)
- Google Classroom (you must log in with your DSBN account)
- Introductions | Grade 12’s, also see me for other instructions.
- Network Overview
- Create class folder in M Drive and subfolders for each unit
- Bookmark for Success!
- GC View All
- GC Stream
- DSBN Gmail
Filename Convention (for Google Docs/Classroom and assignments where you do not have a dedicated handin folder for yourself) [GC] Initials_DocumentTitle Assignment in Classroom: Submit a text file containing your favourite quote. Be sure it uses the filename convention described above.
- Reminder Service + [GC]
- Pre-course Questionnaire + [GC]
- Note: some students may be asked to brainstorm as a group before submitting content for the “Is there anything specific you hope to do or learn in this course?” section. You will be advised if this affects you.
- Course Overviews (independent reading)
- Professional Email Address Verification (on hold)+
- Quick verification of appropriate email addresses
- Email Assignment [GC]
- Google Keep [GC]
- Website Overview, including:
- Daily Reminders
- Lockdown Procedure [teacher link]
- Essential Chrome Extensions
- Install PortableApps (w/ Greenshot and Notepad++)
- Timetable Assignment +
- Fire Safety
- Class/School Policies:
- Lunch and Learn
- Seating Plans
- Organizer Assignment +
- 5 Minute Organize (daily)
- Tips (just FYI…)
- Email Lists + (may no longer be necessary now that we are using Google Classroom)