Click on the gear icon.
Choose “Mail” under Your App Settings.
Choose “Email signature” under Layout.
Enter your signature and choose the options that you want. Click Save.
If you don’t choose to automatically insert your signature you can always add it manually.
I just discovered this great little (portable) screen recorder utility that saves the video file as a GIF file, which is perfect for embedding in websites or ePortfolios.
To download it for yourself, visit http://www.screentogif.com/. Continue reading “ScreenToGif Utility (is awesome!)”
Step 1 – Search for PowerApps in Chrome
Step 2 – Click on the Top Link
Step 3 – Sign In (Be sure you are currently logged into your DSBN account)
Step 4 – Change Country and Uncheck Email (Spam!) Option
…then “Start My Trial”
Step 5 – Click on Apps
Step 6 – Click on “Org Apps”
- identifies what is to be learned
- linked to the overall and specific expectations to be addressed
- connected to a big idea
- identifies incremental steps to build student knowledge and skills
- uses clear, concise language
- uses language that is student-friendly and grade-appropriate
- uses verbs that describe specific and observable actions
- stated from a student’s perspective (e.g., “We are learning to …)
Example Learning Goals
- We are learning to make healthier personal food choices by using information on food labels.
- We are learning to rework a piece using feedback from our teacher and classmates.
- We are learning to create and perform phrases that explore two or more elements of dance.
- I will be able to use descriptive words, phrases, and expressions to clearly describe a scene or situation.
- I can Identify and describe common controls used in graphical user interfaces.
- I can use buttons, labels, and text fields when designing graphical user interfaces.
- fulfils responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment;
- completes and submits class work, homework, and assignments according to agreed-upon timelines;
- takes responsibility for and manages own behaviour.
- devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks;
- establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals;
- identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
- independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals;
- uses class time appropriately to complete tasks;
- follows instructions with minimal supervision.
- accepts various roles and an equitable share of work in a group;
- responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others;
- builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships through personal and media-assisted interactions;
- works with others to resolve conflicts and build consensus to achieve group goals;
- shares information, resources, and expertise and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning;
- demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks
demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning;
- approaches new tasks with a positive attitude;
- recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others.
- sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them;
- seeks clarification or assistance when needed;
- assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests;
- identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve goals;
- perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.
Room 3209 is available for bookings period two this semester. Please contact me via email to book.
Please, no food or drink for students visiting the class. Ask the students to push in all chairs when leaving and take any garbage with them. Do not let them disconnect any of the mice or keyboards (they must stay plugged in the back).
Please have enough work for the students so they aren’t playing games. If they are finished their daily assignment, please have an additional assignment ready for them.
Where Can You Find Me?
Beamsville District Secondary School, 3rd wing (back of the school), 2nd floor. The address is:
Pd 1 – BTT1O/1K ICT In Business
Pd 2 – prep period
Pd 3 – TEJ3E/3M/4M Computer Engineering Technology
Pd 4 – TGJ2O/2K/3M/4M Communications Technology
All classes are in room 3-209.
Pd ? – ICS3C/3U/4C/4U Computer Science
Pd ? – prep period
Pd ? – TEJ2O Computer Technology
Pd ? – SHSM Admin
All classes are in room 3-209.
- Adapting Curriculum for Second Language Learners https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-adapting-curriculum-for-second-language-learners/
- Education Law https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-education-law/
- Environmental Education Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-environmental-education-part-1/
- French as a Second Language, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-french-second-language-part-1/
- French as a Second Language, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-french-second-language-part-2/
- French as a Second Language, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-french-second-language-specialist/
- Geography, Grade 7 and 8 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-geography-grades-7-and-8/
- History, Grade 7 and 8 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-history-grade-7-and-8/
- Inclusive Classroom, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-inclusive-classroom-part-1/
- Inclusive Classroom, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-inclusive-classroom-part-2/
- Inclusive Classroom, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-inclusive-classroom-specialist/
- Integrated Arts https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-integrated-arts/
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-integration-of-ict-in-the-classroom-part-1/
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-integration-of-ict-in-the-classroom-part-2/
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-integration-of-ict-in-the-classroom-specialist/
- Kindergarten, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-kindergarten-part-1-online/
- Kindergarten, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-kindergarten-part-2-online/
- Kindergarten, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-kindergarten-specialist-online/
- Language, Grades 7 and 8 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-language-grades-7-and-8/
- Mathematics, Grade 7 and 8 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-mathematics-grades-7-8/
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-mathematics-primary-junior-part-1/
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-mathematics-primary-junior-part-2/
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-mathematics-primary-junior-specialist/
- Media, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-media-part-1/
- Media, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-media-part-2/
- Media, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-media-specialist/
- Music – Instrumental, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-instrumental-music-part-1/
- Occasional Teaching https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-occasional-teacher/
- Primary Education, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-primary-education-part-1/
- Primary Education, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-primary-education-part-2/
- Primary Education, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-primary-education-specialist/
- Reading, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-reading-part-1/
- Reading, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-reading-part-2/
- Reading, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-reading-specialist/
- Science and Technology, Grade 7 and 8 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-science-and-technology-grades-7-and-8/
- Science and Technology, Primary and Junior, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-science-and-technology-primary-and-junior-part-1/
- Science and Technology, Primary and Junior, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-science-and-technology-primary-and-junior-part-2/
- Science and Technology, Primary and Junior, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-science-and-technology-primary-and-junior-specialist/
- Special Education, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-special-education-part-1/
- Special Education, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-special-education-part-2/
- Special Education, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-special-education-specialist/
- Student Assessment and Evaluation https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-student-assessment-evaluation/
- Teacher Librarian, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teacher-librarian-part-1/
- Teacher Librarian, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teacher-librarian-part-2/
- Teacher Librarian, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teacher-librarian-specialist/
- Teaching and Learning Through e-Learning https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-learning-e-learning/
- Teaching Combined Grades https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-combined-grades/
- Teaching English Language Learners Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-ell-part-1/
- Teaching English Language Learners Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-ell-part-2/
- Teaching English Language Learners Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-ell-specialist/
- Teaching First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Children https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-first-nation-metis-and-inuit-children/
- Teaching Students with Behavioural Needs https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-students-with-behavioural-needs/
- Teaching Students with Communication Needs (Autism Spectrum Disorder) https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-students-with-communication-needs-autism-spectrum-disorders/
- Teaching Students with Communication Needs (Learning Disability) https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-teaching-students-with-communication-needs-learning-disabilities/
- Use and Knowledge of Assistive Technology https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-use-knowledge-assistive-technology/
- Visual Arts, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-visual-arts-part-1/
- Visual Arts, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-visual-arts-part-2/
- Visual Arts, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-visual-arts-specialist/
- Writing, Part 1 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-writing-part-1/
- Writing, Part 2 https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-writing-part-2/
- Writing, Specialist https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/pd-calendar/events/etfo-writing-specialist/