Create a section called “Career Matchmaker Results (Top 10 careers)”. Under this, list your top 10 Career Matchmaker results from Career Cruising, listed in order, in a neatly formatted list. (Redo the career matchmaker, even if you have done it this year. Be sure to answer ALL questions.)
An example is shown below:
Career Matchmaker Results (Top 10 careers)
- Automobile Assembler
- Electronics Engineering Tech
- Electrical Engineering Tech
- Web Developer
- Office Machine Repairer
- Furniture Finisher
- Cable Installer and Repairer
- Production Woodworker
Next, create a section called “My Top Career Choice”. Under this heading, enter “Career”, followed by the name of your top career choice, ideally taken from the above list, as well as the other details listed below. Example:
My Top Career Choice
- Automobile assemblers install pre-fabricated parts and components to make new vehicles.
Earning $ Range
Level of Education
- Work at assigned stations on automotive assembly lines
- Attach a specific part, such as the bumper, as automobile frames move down the line
- Often climb into the frames and use power tools to bolt or screw the part in place
- Ensure the part is properly secured and functional, and move on to the next frame
Attributes and Abilities
- Work well with your hands
- Mechanically inclined
- Communication skills
- Physically fit
- Work for companies that manufacture cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, or other kinds of automobiles
- Most work a regular 40-hour week, though overtime is sometimes required
- Some work evenings and weekends
- Work indoors in large factories that are clean but noisy, and can be hot in summer
- The work involves a lot of repetitive tasks
I just discovered this great little (portable) screen recorder utility that saves the video file as a GIF file, which is perfect for embedding in websites or ePortfolios.
To download it for yourself, visit http://www.screentogif.com/. Continue reading “ScreenToGif Utility (is awesome!)”
This is a great idea. I can see lots of applications for it once they’ve made it more stable.
Create an infographic (Affinity Designer is recommended for this) or Google Doc or podcast or video that shows an ICT-related ethical issue which:
- clearly defines what the issue is all about,
- convincingly shows us how to resolve it, and
- recommends alternatives/safeguards which exist to protect against such issues in the future (if applicable).
- Music and video file downloading
- Identity theft
- Keystroke logging
- Packet sniffing
- Biometric data
- Effective passwords
- Secure websites
- Cyber bullying
Be sure to give credit to all your sources!
Inspiration and credit for this assignment:
I can always be contacted via email (please see email protocol) or through my “contact me” form or through the Remind service app (preferred).
Remember that I want you to pass, so please take advantage of the communication tools available to you to reach out to me any time you have a question.
Throughout the course we will be using various tools to help our learning:
- Portable Apps
- Diigo (social bookmarking)
- Google Drive
- Google Takeout
- Google Sites (the NEW Google Sites)
- Google Keep
“Google20” days are loosely modeled after Google’s philosophy of allowing their programmers and engineers to use one day per week to work on a “pet project” not related to their job. It is a hugely successful program that has resulted in many products at Google (like Gmail!).
While brainstorming how this might look in our class, we have come up with our own philosophy of how our “Google20” days should work:
- You must have a mark of at least 70%.
- You must work on something “productive”, i.e. no games, social media (chat, Twitter, Facebook) , etc.:
- You may work on classwork for another class (math homework, anyone?!!).
- You may work on personal projects such as hobbies, drawing, artwork, photography, independent research, programming, etc.
- You may even continue working on projects related to this class!
Ultimately, the goal of our Google20 days is for you to be productive at something that moves your life forward in a positive way, doing something that you want to do.
At the beginning of each of these days we will ask you to fill in this form so you know what your plan is and eventually for me to measure how successful this program is.