If you have a smartphone, please go into the app store (see links below) and install the Google Classroom app. This will allow you to get Classroom notifications which will help you be more successful in this class.
I also recommend that you check your school board email account daily for any notifications from Google Classroom, especially to check for any comments I have made on your submissions.
Insert a jpeg export (1024 px) of your repaired portrait onto this page as well as the original image.
Set the captions as “Repaired” and “Original”.
Provide a credit link to the where the original image came from.
Insert a jpeg export (1024 px) onto this page as well as the source image from the Pareeerica flickr account (with a link to the page) for the “Inspiration” picture. [2.5 marks]
Set the captions as “My Work” and “Original”. [0.5 marks]
Provide credit links to the where you got the assets from, along with a quick descriptor of the asset (e.g., cloud, dragon, model). Note that the links should go to the specific pages where the material was sourced from. [1 mark]
Change the permission of your Artist Profile slideshow to “anyone with the link can view”.
Insert your slideshow into your ePortfolio onto a page named “Artist Profile”. Size accordingly.
Embed the Light & Shadow video.
Write a short paragraph about what the video is about.
Include the inspiration reflection you submitted.
Proper spelling and grammar counts….always!
Create a section called “Career Matchmaker Results (Top 10 careers)”. Under this, list your top 10 Career Matchmaker results from Career Cruising, listed in order, in a neatly formatted (bulleted) list. (Redo the career matchmaker, even if you have done it this year. Be sure to answer ALL questions.)
An example is shown below:
Career Matchmaker Results (Top 10 careers)
- Automobile Assembler
- Electronics Engineering Tech
- Electrical Engineering Tech
- Web Developer
- Office Machine Repairer
- Furniture Finisher
- Cable Installer and Repairer
- Production Woodworker
Next, create a section called “My Top Career Choice”. Under this heading, enter “Career”, followed by the name of your top career choice, ideally taken from the above list, as well as the other details listed below. Example:
My Top Career Choice
- Automobile assemblers install pre-fabricated parts and components to make new vehicles.
Earning $ Range
Level of Education
- Work at assigned stations on automotive assembly lines
- Attach a specific part, such as the bumper, as automobile frames move down the line
- Often climb into the frames and use power tools to bolt or screw the part in place
- Ensure the part is properly secured and functional, and move on to the next frame
Attributes and Abilities
- Work well with your hands
- Mechanically inclined
- Communication skills
- Physically fit
- Work for companies that manufacture cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, or other kinds of automobiles
- Most work a regular 40-hour week, though overtime is sometimes required
- Some work evenings and weekends
- Work indoors in large factories that are clean but noisy, and can be hot in summer
- The work involves a lot of repetitive tasks
Respond to the following questions (copy and paste them onto your page) in detail. Cite specific projects where relevant.
- Explain how you safely used or developed advanced concepts, techniques, and skills using various software and equipment to create a range of communications technology products and/or services.
- How did you use the design process and project management tools?
- What current and evolving standards, processes, formats, and technologies did you incorporate?
- What technical terminology, scientific concepts, and mathematical concepts was relevant?
- What were the interpersonal and communications skills you needed to work in a team environment?
- How did you demonstrate that you adhered to all legal requirements and ethical practices related to communications technology?
- What are some effects of communications technology and media activities on society and cultural diversity?
- What career opportunities are available to you in the branch of communications technology I am most interested in?
When mentioning specific projects in any of the above replies, include links to the project pages.
Pick your favourite tweet from the class twitter feed (https://twitter.com/hashtag/bdstgj).
Embed the tweet onto your page (ask me for a demo if you don’t know how).
Write a short paragraph about why this was your favourite tweet.
Remember that spelling and grammar counts….always!