- fulfils responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment;
- completes and submits class work, homework, and assignments according to agreed-upon timelines;
- takes responsibility for and manages own behaviour.
- devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks;
- establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals;
- identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
- independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals;
- uses class time appropriately to complete tasks;
- follows instructions with minimal supervision.
- accepts various roles and an equitable share of work in a group;
- responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others;
- builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships through personal and media-assisted interactions;
- works with others to resolve conflicts and build consensus to achieve group goals;
- shares information, resources, and expertise and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning;
- demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks
demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning;
- approaches new tasks with a positive attitude;
- recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others.
- sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them;
- seeks clarification or assistance when needed;
- assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests;
- identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve goals;
- perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.
Ask your instructor which to use.
This is the template I use in Google Docs for student website reviews.
Find a good educational web page related to <Topic Name>.
Which keyword(s) did you use at the search engine? (record below)
- Keyword(s) Used:
Write a 100-150 word review of the web page. Concepts that could be considered when reviewing your website are:
- suitability to the class,
- aesthetics of the site,
- the educational value of the site, and
- the overall organization of the site.
Write your review below. After it is complete, share it with two of your peers for checking of grammar and spelling. Fix any mistakes found. Record the names of your peers as comments here and here.
The Title of the Web Page — http://www.nameofsite.com
<intro goes here>
<body of review goes here (100-250 words)>
<summary of review goes here>
For my friend Dave, who is trying to learn Python.
Summation of a list of numbers:
Many of you have likely heard that the Ministry of Education has announced that they want to update the curriculum [link] as well as “improve coding and computational skills for all students as part of their plan to create jobs, grow our economy, and help people in their everyday lives” [link].
In anticipation of this, ACSE (Association for Computer Studies Educators) would like to start collecting some preliminary feedback to form our input to the Ministry of Education for when they formally announce the process.
You will find the form for your input here.
Some comments about the form:
- The information is being used to advise ACSE (http://www.acse.net) on their recommendations to the Ministry of Education on the review of the Computer Studies (ICS2O, ICS3C, ICS3U, ICS4C, ICS4U) and Computer Technology (TEJ2O, TEJ3E, TEJ3M, TEJ4E, TEJ4M) curriculum documents.
- Your personal information (name and email address) will be kept confidential and will not be included in the aggregate data that we compile.
- You’ll see that we are asking about K-8, even though there isn’t a K-8 CS-related curriculum. This is intended to gather teachers’ thoughts on whether or not CS (or Computational Thinking) should be formally addressed in K-8.
- Please understand that the intent of this research is to gather some initial feedback. It is not being gathered as a specific request by the Ministry of Education or because a new curriculum cycle For Computer Studies or Technological Education has been announced.
- If you want to submit feedback in multiple areas or provide multiple comments, you can use the form more than once. This would be preferable to including multiple paragraphs as one response.
We’re not putting a hard deadline on this form at this time, but we’d probably like to start aggregating the results in about a month, so around the end of November. If you could provide a response by that time it would be appreciated.
The pre-course questionnaire can be found here.
Remind.com is a service that I will use to send email and text notifications to students and parents.
To subscribe, please follow the directions in the relevant document:
If you have a smartphone please install the app from here
Students, look for the assignment on Google Classroom.
Teachers, see my blog post about this assignment here.
Your feedback helps make the course better for future students! [teacher link]