The BDSS Maker Club is a student-led club focused on providing students with time, space, knowledge, and equipment to design and make things.
The purpose of weekly meetings is to:
- Equip students with skills to make, create, and design;
- Provide time, space and resources to student to create, make, and design;
- Provide guidance, supervision, and instruction to do the above; and
- Allow students to pursue individual interests for all of the above activities.
Meetings: The club will meet Tuesdays or Wednesdays in room 3-209 (Mr. Beens’ class) unless otherwise announced (see calendar below). Students will need to arrange for transportation home at 4:30.
Membership: Any student is welcome to become a member.
Leadership: The teacher sponsor is Mr Beens. The club co-presidents are Rachel M and Andrew H.
1This mission statement has been adapted from Bate Middle School. Thank you BMS!
All students must join the reminder service to be a member. To join, send a text message with the message “@bdssmaker” (without the quotes) to (647) 496-1214 and/or send an email to email@example.com.
For sharing documents, all members must be a member of the club’s Google Group. Visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bdss-maker-club to join.
Projects Accomplished and Planned
- Arduino Traffic Light
- Arduino LCD Display
- Python webpage (for displaying greenhouse info), using multiple channel serial data from Arduino
- Interfacing moisture sensors for greenhouse