(This is an old post that has been moved to here from my previous blog.)
This morning I shared an article entitled “Teens’ Top 5 Technology Mistakes” with my BTT1O class. The five “mistakes” mentioned are:
- Forgetting to Log Out
- Right Message — Wrong Person
- Losing Track of Your Phone
- Making Friends With Strangers
Reviewing the article gave us a great opportunity to share many stories, including:
- students not logging out and other students sending crude messages from their Facebook account
- students creating fake Snapchat accounts to use to get other students to send them inappropriate pictures
- stories of students not being able to get jobs because of what they shared on their social media accounts
- and others…
It also gave us a chance to explore the “find my phone” features for both Android and iOS.
Is there a Digital Literacy resource you’d like to share? What has worked well in your class, or what ideas do you have for exploring this topic this semester?