This course introduces students to information and communication technology in a business environment and builds a foundation of digital literacy skills necessary for success in a technologically driven society. Students will develop word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation software, and website design skills. Throughout the course, there is an emphasis on digital literacy, effective electronic research and communication skills, and current issues related to the impact of information and communication technology. Continue reading “BTT1O ICT in Business Overview”
This video will show you how to save URLs into your project folder. This is necessary when creating and submitting projects that use assets from the Internet.
Always give credit where it is due!
(This is an old post that has been moved to here from my previous blog.)
This morning I shared an article entitled “Teens’ Top 5 Technology Mistakes” with my BTT1O class. The five “mistakes” mentioned are:
- Forgetting to Log Out
- Right Message — Wrong Person
- Losing Track of Your Phone
- Making Friends With Strangers
Reviewing the article gave us a great opportunity to share many stories, including:
- students not logging out and other students sending crude messages from their Facebook account
- students creating fake Snapchat accounts to use to get other students to send them inappropriate pictures
- stories of students not being able to get jobs because of what they shared on their social media accounts
- and others…
Continue reading “Digital Literacy Resource — Teens’ Top 5 Technology Mistakes”